Aviation is a global, complex industry involving numerous and diverse stakeholders. Recognizing the need to support future growth and continued stability in aviation, the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) established the Next Generation of Aviation Professionals (NGAP) initiative, to attract and nurture qualified younger aviation professionals that are required to operate, manage and maintain the future international air transport system.
Part of the NGAP focus has been to determine ways that industry, academia and government can work together to find more innovative ways to establish career pathway programs and address the growing need for qualified aviation professionals. We believe that ALICANTO fills an important gap in this global aviation cooperation framework.
ALICANTO’s mission is to be a global advocate for aviation education and represent, promote and support the interests of our members.
We recognize the need to increase the mobility of not just graduates in the workforce, but also assist our students and faculty to acquire a more global mindset. At the same time, we collaborate with numerous stakeholders to ensure that the next generation of aviation professionals are meeting the needs of the aerospace industry.
We shall strive to address aviation education and research issues, both current and for the future, as well as synthesize widely consensual positions reflecting our members’ views on those issues, at the global and/or regional levels as appropriate.
- To represent and establish cooperation with various stakeholders, as well as with governments and international organizations.
- To maximize cooperation and mutual assistance among higher educational institutions.
- To assist our members in the development of strategies and actions for attracting and educating the next generation of aviation professionals in a sustainable global society.
- To enhance educational efforts through public awareness of the economic and social importance of civil aviation.
- To create a forum where academics, students, regulators and worldwide industry can meet, exchange ideas, and conduct research surrounding issues and advances in the field of aviation education.
- To promote gender equality in aviation and support sustainable development in the field.
University Members and Supporting Associations
- Stay informed about global developments in aviation and education.
- Ensure that your interests are represented at the global level.
- Interact with international stakeholders such as ICAO, IATA, ACI, and so forth.
- Commitment of members to participate in Alicanto’s activities including at least one general meeting of members per year.
- Voting membership is available to higher-education institutions that award mininum one higher education diploma in aviation/aerospace-related discipline.
Membership is voluntary, and the membership year is Jan 1 – Dec 31.
Your organization can become an active player on global aviation issues.
or contact us